TaylorMade SLDR Irons
TaylorMade’s SLDR irons are a completely new product from the company, with a size that’s smaller than the SpeedBlade irons but not as small as TaylorMade’s Tour Preferred iron line. TaylorMade designed the new SLDR irons with “classic shaping” and thin toplines and soles that make them playable for both high-handicap golfers as well as professionals — a big statement about the forgiveness of the irons.
The SLDR irons showcase TaylorMade’s ThruSlot Technology, an updated version of the company’s 2 mm-wide slot in the soles of the 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 irons that cuts through the iron heads to offer increased ball speeds, a higher launch angle and more consistency across the face for better distance control. According to TaylorMade, the Speed Pocket in the SLDR irons has been engineered to promote “a higher ball flight, longer carry distances and more consistent gapping between irons than the older versions of the Speed Pocket.”
* New and improved Speed Pocket with ThruSlot Technology promotes fast speed and high launch across the face
* Modern-classic shape, slim topline and thin sole for superb look and playability
* Complex vibration-dampening system delivers Tourcaliber sound and feel
* Consistent gapping and precise distance control throughout the set
* New KBS Tour C-Taper 90 designed to promote high launch, and spin control